HomeFront: The Rhythm of College Life
Family Handbook? If you have not attended your New Student Conference you can still get a head start by downloading the 2005 Family Handbook. This is a terrific guide put together by the Department of Student Life - New Student Programs.
The 2004 Handbook included an informative sidebar entitled Just Like Clockwork: The Rhythm of College Life... The page 9 piece was adapted from Helping Your First-Year College Student Succeed: A Guide for Parents. While the information was not specific to the Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets, it did include some solid monthly events to think about:
- August/September: Excitement, Anxiety about roommates, professors, classmates
- October: First Test grades returned, Midterm Exams
- January: "Fresh Start" mentality sets in with new term, Homesickness
- April: End of semester pressure
- May: Final exam anxiety, Realization of how college influences life decision